I have hacked together a Smokeping plugin for Juniper JunOS devices that supports VRFs (routing-instance) and logical systems.
- Download the plugin to your server.
- Install by copying the file into lib/Smokeping/probes directory under your smokeping installation (e.g. to /opt/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/probes).
- You might also have to install Net::OpenSSH Perl module, if it's not already installed (check by running "perl -e 'use Net::OpenSSH'").
- Add the following section to your smokeping config:
+ OpenSSHJunOSPing packetsize = [in JunOS 1472 is the max for 1500 L3 MTU] junospass = [pass] junosuser = [user] # feel free to change params below as you wish forks = 5 offset = 50% timeout = 15 step = 120
- Individual targets are configured as follows:
++ sample-target probe = OpenSSHJunOSPing menu = [menu name] title = [title] host = [destination IP to ping from JunOS device] pings = [numer of ICMP pings to send, e.g. 5] source = [JunOS device to login into] logicalsystem = [logical system name, optional] vrf = [routing-instance name, optional]
- ssh to the JunOS device once from the commmand line from the account of the user who is running smokeping (su -s /bin/sh [username]). On the first connect ssh will ask to add the new host to its known_hosts file, confirm it. Otherwise Smokeping will fail to login as the ssh key of your JunOS box is not in the known_hosts file.