I have released a Smokeping plugin for Mikrotik RouterOS devices. It supports VRFs and connects via SSH. Installation instructions:
- Download the plugin to your server.
- Install by copying the file into lib/Smokeping/probes directory under your smokeping installation (e.g. to /opt/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/probes).
- You might also have to install Net::OpenSSH Perl module, if it's not already installed (check by running " perl -e 'use Net::OpenSSH' ").
- Add the following section to your smokeping config:
+ OpenSSHMikrotikPing packetsize = [e.g. usual MTU is 1500] mikrotikuser = [user] mikrotikpass = [pass] # feel free to change params below as you wish forks = 5 offset = 50% timeout = 15 step = 120
- Individual targets are configured as follows:
++ sample-target probe = OpenSSHMikrotikPing menu = [menu name] title = [title] host = [destination IP to ping from Mikrotik device] pings = [numer of ICMP pings to send, e.g. 5] source = [Mikrotik device to login into] vrf = [routing-instance name, optional] psource = [Mikrotik interface source IP to ping from, optional]
- ssh to the Mikrotik device once from the commmand line from the account of the user who is running smokeping (su -s /bin/sh [username]). On the first connect ssh will ask to add the new host to its known_hosts file, confirm it. Otherwise Smokeping will fail to login as the ssh key of your Mikrotik box is not in the known_hosts file.